Visiting Master Teachers in Mexico
June 16 - 23, 2022
Join us for a unique experience at the incredibly beautiful, luxury oceanfront Palmaia: House of Aia Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. "Aia" refers to our connection to nature. This is Mexico’s premiere, award-winning, progressive wellness and spa resort. A secluded sanctuary with oceanfront swim up suites, a tranquil spa, secluded white sand beach and gourmet restaurants overseen by chefs who have trained in Michelin starred restaurants from around the globe.
In partnership with Palmaia, we have purposefully created a vacation option that suits your schedule so you can design your own wellness experience. You are free to do as you please!
We will be guest teaching “Yin Yoga with Live Music and Storytelling” classes every afternoon at 4:30pm at the resort!
Come for a short stay (3 days) or treat yourself to a longer vacation (up to 7 days) - your choice! Arrive when you want, depart when you need to. There is a 3 night minimum but once you get there, you will not want to leave!
In the daily yin yoga classes, you will experience the deep, meditative soothing practice of yin yoga led by Kathy and her intentional storytelling. The floor based postures are held for longer periods of time to provide a deep stretch as well as quiet the mind. Dennis will serenade you with guitar, Native American flute and a variety of healing instruments to complement the practice. Each day will consist of different postures, stories and music designed to leave you blissfully calm and peaceful.
The classes are open to all; no prior yoga experience required. We will be working the deep connective tissues of the body to improve range of motion, flexibility and enhance the energetic flow of energy throughout. You will also develop the ability to stay present, still the mind and move into a meditative state to reduce stress, anxiety and tension. The message of the storytelling is developed to facilitate a deeper understanding of harmonious living.
Palmaia is an all-inclusive resort which means you can enjoy unrestricted access without the hassle of handling money. Here’s what’s included:
- 3 plant-based meals/day with a selection of 5 restaurants offering top notch cuisines of different cultures (including room service). The food is some of the best plant-based food we’ve ever experienced and Palmaia has created a level of cuisine that is hard to match. They do offer exquisite non-vegan options as well. Alcoholic beverages are also included.
- You will have the perfect opportunity to reestablish your connection between mind and body with a wide range of holistic practices offered during the week such as several types of Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong, Meditation, Art Classes, Pranayama, Gong Bath, Mantras, Cacao Ceremony, Circle Soul Reading, Sound Healing and much more. No other resort offers the quality and diversity of rituals and practices as Palmaia and they are all included in the price!
- You will be assigned a “Nomadic Guide/personal concierge” upon arrival who takes care of your every need!
- Children are welcomed and the resort has a Kid´s Waldorf Inspired Center as well as babysitting services (for an additional fee).
- The resort also has a fitness center, pool & beachside service, stand-up paddle boards, bike sharing service and fiber-optic Wi-Fi.
The Spa in the Jungle at the resort is truly one of a kind. You have your pick of a wide range of holistic experiences like massages, facials, and body treatments, as well as guided spiritual journeys with the resort's in-house shaman. There is also a Temazcal on the property which involves participants sitting in a traditional sweat lodge for health and therapeutic benefits. This is sacred ceremony steeped in Mexican heritage.
Not included in the room rate: airfare, spa treatments, beauty salon services, ultra premium wines, on-site Covid test for return flight to the US and airport transfers to and from Cancun airport for stays less than 5 nights.
Getting there is easy! Fly into Cancun, Mexico and the resort will pick you up. Palmaia is only 45 minutes from the airport.
Pricing: All rooms are oceanfront suites with a king bed or two queen beds. Double occupancy (two people in a room): $423 per person, per night. Single occupancy (one person in a room): $634 per person, per night including taxes. There are additional rooms with a bathtub, family rooms with bunk beds and swim-out suites. You can also request a room in the "Adult Only" building. Check the website for more details and pricing.
Ready to book? Click here and use Promo Code DKYOGA to get your discounted rate.